King Wu and the Virtues of Okinawan Karate...

Another great book by someone who knows!
Some time ago a friend of mine sent me a PDF of his new book. To be honest, I'm no great reader of e-books, kindle editions, or PDF's; but when something comes in from Andreas then I just know it's going to be worth sitting in front of the screen. It's well known that I'm no great fan of karate history. I'm no academic nor do I want to be one, but that doesn't mean I don't admire the academic approach some take to researching the martial arts of Ryukyu.

Although the story of King Wu's role in establishing the virtues the Okinawan karate is explained in a very easy to follow way, that does not detract from the avalanche of information that falls from almost every page, all backed by countless references to sources that leave nothing to chance, Andreas takes the reader on a journey into the distant past of China, and with great attention to detail delivers them, centuries later, to the shores of Okinawa and the mind of one of karate's giants, Matsumura Sokon.

If you are at all interested in the karate of Okinawa beyond mere kicking and punching, then I highly recommend you get yourself a copy of  'King Wu Once Buckled on his Armor'....

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »